Peer To Peer

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ghilton

Peer To Peer

Post by ghilton »

I am having more issue today sorting out this query -

FIND CreditChecks WHERE CreditChecks.AgencyCode=LoggedInSystemUser.LoginName AND CreditChecks.DebtorStatus='OK'

Basically this returns nothing?

In this case I have three BO's CreditChecks Agency and Temp. The Temp logs onto the system and has to select a client from a Peer to Peer connection on the form to the CreditChecks only for that temps agency

If the Agency logs in this works fine but not when the Temp logs in?
tford

Post by tford »

1) If you do a query: FIND ALL CreditChecks

and show the attribute CreditChecks.AgencyCode, are you 100% sure that in the AgencyCode column of the query, you see values that are equal to the LoginName of a Temp user?

2) Have you tried to just run a query with your FIND ..... from a menu item?

What you described as "The Temp logs onto the system and has to select a client from a Peer to Peer connection on the form to the CreditChecks only for that temps agency " does not really have any bearing on the FIND action that you references.

Tom
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

Tom

I figured out number 1 on your last post last night. I can see why this is not working but at the moment cannot see how I cam going to do this.

AgencyID is not present in the CreditChecks BO only the AgencyCode. So I need a way of linking the loggedinUser (The Temp from the Temp BO) to the CreditChecks.AgencyCode attribute

What I need to do is something like this

FIND CreditChecks WHERE CreditChecks.AgencyCode=Temp.AgencyCode AND CreditChecks.DebtorStatus='OK'

The Temp.AgencyCode is for the current logged in Temp and then find the clients only for his agency. I cannot have temps viewing other agency clients! Clients are stored in the CreditChecks BO