Any news about i18n?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Elmar

Any news about i18n?

Post by Elmar »

Hi there.

Just dropping by and would like to ask if there are any updates on i18n with awareim? We are mainly interested in being able to develop multi-language/locale with one configuration.

I really don´t get why such an important functionality is still missing. We invested in awareIM and finally had to drop it because creating multi-lingual sites is much to complex with aware´s current abilities (syncing multiple configurations and databases is just evil).

Keep coming back in hope of some announcement on this issue. No luck so far. Come on... I need some good news, guys.

cheers,
El
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This will hopefully be in the next release (along with the Google Maps integration)
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Great news on both counts. Go Aware IM !
Elmar

Post by Elmar »

This is fantastic! I can honestly say that I have been waiting for this for over a year.

Two questions:
- At what point are you scheduling your next release?
- Will I be able to "i18n/l10n" existing configurations (so that we can start working on solutions today and localize them when the nex release is out)?

Thanks,
El
pixerp

Post by pixerp »

I've also been waiting for Internationalization-i18N because here in Switzerland it is a must !

So I'm very pleased to read about the good news "it's going to be available SOON" (or just shortly, thereafter !!).

:D with my warmest encouragements
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The release will be with 1-2 months. You can definitely start configuring your applications now - they will be compatible.
Aware IM Support Team