Tomcat fails to start

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

Tomcat fails to start

Post by rocketman »

Just tried to get a copy of AwareIM working on my VPS and got the following message when Tomcat tried to start.

Error occurred during initialization of VM

Could not reserve enough space for object heap

Any help on this would be much appreciated
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please read the Installation Guide about running Aware IM in the VPS environment.

The key here is MEMORY. Your VPS must have sufficient GUARANTEED memory. This error shows that there is not enough memory for Tomcat to run
Aware IM Support Team
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Thanks support.

Once I de-activated my Plesk Control panel it loaded ok. So now I have a decision to make. Leave Plesk off or get a bigger package.
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

If you are that close to the line then it is an easy decision. Get a bigger package. AwareIM runs better and better as you feed it more horsepower.

Pete
rocketman

Post by rocketman »

Done the deed,

40Gb drive and 2048Gb ram, 4000Gb traffic, 100Mbits/sec guaranteed bandwidth .... should keep me going for a while.

1and1's new XXL package at £39.95 month. This isn't meant to be an ad - but I've read a lot of bad posts about this company and cannot understand what all the fuss is about. Been with them 5 years and never had a spot of bother.

The rule seems to be if you need your nose wiping go somewhere else but if you know what you are doing, it's a great package and an even greater price. VPS support seems to be based in the states judging by the accent - at least it's not an Indian call centre which I have to suffer when I call my bank!!!!!

Sorry if this beaks forum rules, support. Feel free to delete