PreSales Question 2

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
phaider

PreSales Question 2

Post by phaider »

Hello,

we strongly consider to shift our development from Dynamics Nav and ASP.Net to AwareIM.

What i want to know from the professional developer community is, which type of applications you have made in the past (for which industry, i not a secret, how large the application was, for example > 100 tables, etc...), which strength- and weakness AwareIM has and which type of application you would NOT make with AwareIm.

about us:
We develop application in the area of "project, resource&capacity and document management", our clients are engineering offices, architects, reasearch facilities, etc...), currently based on Microsoft Dynamics Nav (formerly Navision) and ASP.Net.

why we want to change? in most cases the license fee for the clients is to expensive

Hope to hear from you

Best regards

Peter
tford

Post by tford »

Hi Peter,

Have you looked at http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419

Tom
phaider

Post by phaider »

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply.

I have read this article, but - dont understand me wrong - it is a little bit too general for me.

What i did not find out is: is the polocy of AwareSoft to offer a "MS Access" for the web (focus enduser) or an professional Tool for developer (focus Software vendor).

And it would be nice to here, in what industries AwareIM is used.

Regards

Peter
tford

Post by tford »

Peter,

I guess I would start by saying that AwareIM is both. Similar to MS Access, an entry level person can build some basic functionality with AwareIM pretty easily while in the hands of an experienced application designer / developer, AwareIM is a very powerful tool / time saver.

For example, I began supporting some MS Access systems a few years ago and they were very basic because they were designed by relatively entry level folks. I could not move away from Access so I began to learn more about Access and built on the entry level foundation to end up with very powerful system.

I have seen posts from developers in service companies, manufacturing, logistics, etc.

Tom