rule triggering

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
AcoustiMan

rule triggering

Post by AcoustiMan »

Hi,
I'm evaluating AwareIM by studying the Library example. I'm trying to find out in what order the rules are triggered.
E.g. When I click the Return button on the "Loan history" form to close a loan the State-attribute of the Loan changes into 'Past'. When the item in that loan is reserved by another member an email is automaticallly sent to that member. The rule for sending the automatic email is "Reservation offer email" As far as i understand the concept of AwareIM the rule is only triggered when the object in this case Reservation is edited or changed or when related data changes. The problem is that I haven't found out which rule in the Loan object causes the triggering of the rule "Reservation offer email"? :?

Regards,

Julien Martin
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The tool that can help you with this is called LogViewer - see the UserGuide for details. Set logging level to "full" and the LogViewer will display all details on how Aware IM executes and checks the rules. You can search for specific events in this tool. This can be extremely helpful.

Rules attached to business objects are executed by the Rule Engine, which is quite sophisticated. There is some detailed description of this in the User Guide - see the Data Processing section.

If you still can't figure out how this particular attribute is changed let us know.
Aware IM Support Team
AcoustiMan

Post by AcoustiMan »

THX for your quick reaction! :D