inserting references dynamically

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
rocketman

inserting references dynamically

Post by rocketman »

I have form to add flights to a dialy flight logging sheet. There can be two pilots in one aircraft P1 and P2.

My form does a dynamic lookup on the membership number of both P1 and P2 (both Number attributes) and displays their names and some other flying related data which I won't bore you with. (thanks to aware support on that one)

When I press the create button, I want to insert the flight record into the references of both P1 and P2 so that at some later point each pilot can see and review his/her own log book of their flights.

It seems the INSERT command might do it but the user guide is a bit sparse on this point. Am I on the right tracks here or have I missed something simple
tford

Post by tford »

Yes, insert will put in instance in a BO's reference list -- in your case put a member's instance in a flight instance.

When you set up the pilot attribute in the flight BO, if you indicated a "Matching Attribute in ..." a member will be able to see flights they piloted.

Tom