AwareIM Configration Tool HangUp

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
himanshu

AwareIM Configration Tool HangUp

Post by himanshu »

Hi,

After Shifting from V3 To V4, i am experiencing a regular problem with the configuration tool, that it hang-up totally when my pc get disconnected from the internet or when it get connected to internet in between the working of the AwareIM configuration tool.

Here are the steps to check the problem.
1. You are connected to internet
2. Start the awareim Configration
3. do some work, open the business object
4. click on test, then click on lock for editing
5. now in the mean while disconnect the internet like by removing the cable.
6. now see the awareIM configration tool and see is still it is working normally or hangs up
7. u will see it will hang.

it will hang on the same when it get connected in between too.

here are the some log details also

Code: Select all

: java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)	at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)	at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)	at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)	at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)	... 15 moreTRACE: org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.JMSListener - closing JMS connection NamingException: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 220.224.122.84; nested exception is: 	java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect]ERROR: org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.JMSSource PublishException org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.PublishException: org.openadaptor.adaptor.jms.JMSListener - connect() failed with NamingException: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: Exception creating connection to: 220.224.122.84; nested exception is: 	java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host: connect]
:evil:
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You need to re-start Aware IM if you connect or disconnect from the Internet. This problem has been already described on this forum.
Aware IM Support Team
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

hi support,

as you said 'This is a problem' then can't we fix this issue. as i really getting my work loose when due too any reason there is a disconnection of the internet from my machine and awareim hangup.

and i have to do it again all the things from where i was last.

please see for any solution or we put some exception handling over there.

i try to reconnect also but not works...

:(
From,
Himanshu Jain

rocketman

Post by rocketman »

As a fundamental principle. Save your work regularly and often.

It may sound daft in this modern world but I come from a byegone era of inconsistent hardware and flakey dial up connections (I won't tell you kmy age)

The above maxim has been learned the hard way!!!
himanshu

Post by himanshu »

You are correct if the situation related to the internet speed connection or something else but other then this is if your network cable get unplugged from you laptop when you on move or with any means...

at this situation you don't have any intimation in advance and we loose our work.

so it is bug, and not much hard to accept,

and for the information dear i have better internet connection, problem is not with that problem is when it happens i looose ....
From,
Himanshu Jain