Attribute does not evaluate

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kklosson

Attribute does not evaluate

Post by kklosson »

This seems odd...

I have a Yes/No attribute. At the initialization of the perspective, I start a procedure. The first rule in the procedure displays the value of the attribute (for trouble-shooting), i.e., DISPLAY LoggedInObject.Attribute.

The message displays "false", although I would expect it to display "No".

The next rule evaluates the attribute, IF LoggedInObject.Attribute<>'Yes' THEN...

But it doesn't do the THEN, which is to REPORT ERROR. Clearly, the attribute's value does not equal 'Yes', so why is the next step not happening?
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

In fact, I am unable to place even a generic DISPLAY ERROR statement in a rule for this process. It doesn't work. So it's really not the attribute not evaluating, it seems more to do with calling the DISPLAY ERROR function at this point.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Okay, I think I've got it.

At one time, there were failure rules assigned to this process, but they are now removed. Failure rules, as we know, prevent a Display Error from stopping a process. So I put my code in another (New) process and it ran just fine.

It "appears" that the process is still behaving as if failure rules are assigned.

So to prove it, I then added a failure rule to my "New" process, then saved everything. Then I deleted the failure rule, save, and tested. Again I see the the DISPLAY ERROR function is being ignored and all signs point to the conclusion that the process still believes that failure rules are assigned.

Bug.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

As a work-around, making a copy of the process seems to clear the problem.