Something odd with published bsv

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
technopak

Something odd with published bsv

Post by technopak »

When I publish a bsv and then log onto it, the user interface is quite a bit different from the version tested within the configuration tool. For example the forms are much smaller, the fonts are different, many more labels (and user hints) are displayed on forms, there are no icons in calendar presentations (only text) etc

What could be causing this strange behaviour ? Should the published version not be exactly the same as the test version ?

Peter
tford

Post by tford »

Peter,

Have you confirmed with Standard | Business Space Management | Business Space Versions that you are in fact looking at the same version?

Tom
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply,

The Standard | Business Space Management | Business Space Versions shows a listing of the versions in my Business Space including the obsolete, current and new versions. I have made no changes since I published, making version 2 the current version. So version 3 which I'm testing should be identical to the published version ..... shouldn't it ?

Peter :?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Both versions should be absolutely identical and we have never heard of this problem before - please double check that you are doing everything correctly (maybe you are looking at the versions in different browsers?)

If you are sure, that you have done everything correctly please send the BSV to [email protected]
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The explanation to this was that you used to login to a version 3.0 interface when publishing the version. You used shortcuts from the menu and those were not updated to point to the version 4.0 URL. The problem has been fixed in the latest build.

Use this URL http://localhost:8080/AwareIM/logonAdmin.html manually to login into both modes if you have the older build (as a workaround)
Aware IM Support Team