Chaining Processes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Post by tford »

what clues do the logs give?
technopak

Post by technopak »

Hi Tom,

Log shows system unable to resolve attributes of my CustomerID BO, the second BO which I am trying to pass as input to the 2nd process.

What is the syntax for passing multiple BOs ? Maybe a problem there ?

Peter
tford

Post by tford »

There is no real syntax, you just click on the BO name in the Process Input area of the 2nd process.

When you save the 2nd process, if you don't have a context defined for a BO, it should give you a warning message.
technopak

Post by technopak »

Mmmm -

I've been calling the 2nd process with the code 'USING Customer, CustomerID' as suffix to the name of the process.

When I leave out that code and simply refer to the BOs by clicking on the BO name in the Process Input area of the 2nd process, I get a message in the logs saying Timer has made 200 transactions, and a reference to the error message.

Sounds like something is looping ........-
tford

Post by tford »

Posting the rules of your 2 processes may make it easier to help you.
technopak

Post by technopak »

OK Tom,

Will post some extracts later this evening.

Thanks for the help,

Peter
technopak

Post by technopak »

Just a final post on this one -

After much muddling about, I got this to work by setting only the second BO involved in process 2 as process input for process 2. No other configuration was needed.

Evidently, it appears that the first BO involved was passed automatically to the sub-process, but passing a second BO needed an explicit reference to that BO as process input.

Peter