Business Object Groups

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Business Object Groups

Post by denisv »

I have a collection of Business Objects in a Group. I can create a query on the Group which will return all items in a query results grid display.

If I try to add a condition to an attribute common to all the objects in the group, I get an error messag box with no error.

Is it not possible to create a query that returns all records from each Business Object that have a common attribute with either a defined value or user prompted value ?

Thanks

Denis
denisv

Post by denisv »

Hi,

I was wondering has anyone managed to create a query based on a Business Object Group instead of Business Objects using a criteria where one of the common attributes equals a value ?

Find BusinessObjectGroup where BusinessObjectGroup.Attribute='Value'

When I create this in SimpleForm I get an error when I try to save. The error message box is blank.

Thanks

DV
tford

Post by tford »

DV,

It worked fine for me. I on the query of the BO Group, I click on Ask at run-time and it worked as expected.

I tested on build 1162 on Derby.

Tom
denisv

Post by denisv »

Thanks Tom,

I'm on a much older version, 2.2 Build 937 (on SQL). I have purchased the upgrade to current but customer site not ready for the move so I can't apply yet.

Aware Support
Are able to answer if it used to be a bug ?

As I say I get an error box but no message. I change the query to ask and runtime instead of a value and I still can't save the query. Sorry if I didn't say before, the error occurs when I am trying to save the query in the Configuration Tool so I haven't actual got as far as testing it.

DV
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is a very old version. We do not support it any more.
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

I am in the process of testing Version 4 in preparation for upgrade. V4 allows me now to create a query based on the BOGroup.

However I want to include attributes form another Business Object linked to all members of this busines Object Group, is that not possible.

e.g. If I have BOGroup called Call Types containing 'x' amount of business objects and each of these business objects have an attribute of another business object called Client, can I not display values from the client object with values from the Business Object Group ?

Basic query where CallTypes is the BO Group:

FIND CallTypes WHERE CallTypes.Status='Open'

Each member of CallTypes has an attribute called Client which is another Business Object. (Relationship is one to one)
tford

Post by tford »

Do you have the Client attributes shortcutted into CallTypes?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
denisv

Post by denisv »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I might be misunderstanding this. The Client attributes are 'shortcutted' into the indivdual buiness objects that from the membership of the CallTypes Business Object Group. However they do not appear on the display results list of attributes for the query built against the Business Object Group CallTypes.

If one member does not have the shortcut I suppose that will disqualify it from the group ? I added a shortcut to one member as a test and then allowed to be applied to all members but it still isn't available when creating the query.

DV
tford

Post by tford »

DV,

Sorry that didn't help. I was guessing & not basing my question on experience.

Tom
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres