conditional display of delete button

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tkilshaw

conditional display of delete button

Post by tkilshaw »

I have a query that finds all Companys. On the list of Companys the query finds I have Edit and Delete buttons. The Delete button uses my own deletion process.

I only want this button to be displayed if:

LoggedInRegularUser.AccessLevel='SalesManager' OR LoggedInRegularUser.AccessLevel='Administrator'

I have been trying to us the Applicability Condition on the Form Operation dialog window to do that. But the above rule produces an error that says:

Attributes of the presentations conditions may only belong to Company. Usage of RegularUser is not allowed here.

I tried adding RegularUser as a Process Input to my deletion process with no luck.

In fact I have not been able to understand the whole Process Input mechanism on the Form Operation dialog window.

Is there a way to do what I want?

thanks,

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

You can set access to your custom process as Not Available for all access levels other than Administrator and SalesManager (under Access Levels node in the configuration tree). Then you do not need to guard the process by adding conditions to UI operations anywhere in the system. The process will be automatically hidden for users of the specified access levels.
Aware IM Support Team