General Database Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
phaider

General Database Question

Post by phaider »

Hello,
is it possible to import an existing database schema; for example from MS Access or from MS SQL Server (it's a real hard job to create more than 500 business objects...)
Or is there a possibility to link /share internal with external data?
For example i have a client, which uses MS CRM 4.0 and wants to use the customer data from MS CRM (with the right relation with other business objects within the system, or in another case my client want to exchange data from awareim to a specific table within MS SQL Server.
Regards
Peter
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, there is. Please look up the "Connecting to existing database tables or LDAP" section in the User Manual
Aware IM Support Team
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

I have attempted to connect to MSCRM 4.0 several times. Most of the tables have field names that exceed the Aware IM field name limitation (at least when using Derby) and the connection fails. If you are successful making the connection to the contacts table or view please let me know.

Thanks,

Tazz
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The limitation on attribute name length has been removed in version 4.1 for objects that are stored in the external database, so it should read all the tables correctly.
Aware IM Support Team