The + function in the calendar

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
technopak

The + function in the calendar

Post by technopak »

Hi,

I now have a calendar which displays events associated with clients. The events and clients details are maintained in separate related BOs. The events BO is an appointment object and a query on it generates the calendar.

When a user clicks the + button in my calendar presentation, the default form for the event BO is presented to the user, as expected. However because getting the client details into the system is essential before an event reservation can be made, I need one of two things to happen -

a. the user is presented with the default client form to complete before creating the reservation, or

b. the + button is disabled and does nothing, so that all event reservations are made through a menu bar button function.

Ideally, I would like to be able to configure the action invoked by clicking the + button of the calendar. The second preference would be the removal/disabling of the + button completely.

Has anyone managed to achieve such functionality ?

Thanks,

Peter
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We will allow to specify a process for the "+" button in the next build. This will make it possible for you to present client details first.
Aware IM Support Team
technopak

Post by technopak »

Thanks support,

That's excellent. Can't wait for the next build :-)

Peter
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The ability to create/edit appointments via processes or turn off creation/editing completely has been implemented in version 4.1
Aware IM Support Team
ci_loi

This + Button

Post by ci_loi »

I noticed that the ability to turn off the + button is available in query but it is not available for an attribute view.

IE. I have a tab on my employee form that shows can a calendar view of their appointments. but i don't have the same control as a query does.