DHTML

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
phaider

DHTML

Post by phaider »

Hello,
is it possible to work within the forms with Dynamic HTML.
My request would be a graphical planning (the calendar form is good enough for that). The meetings/entries should be moveable by dragging and dropping from one date to another (see http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/dht ... anner.html)
Regards
Peter
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Currently Aware IM does not support drag-and-drop out-of-the-box. However, the underlying library that Aware IM uses (EXT 2.0) does support it. Aware IM offers the possibility to implement custom EXT forms and layouts, so if you can do some Javascripting you will be able to use drag-and-drop in your forms or layouts.
Aware IM Support Team
phaider

Post by phaider »

Hello,

today i received the 5th request to create a "simple" resource- and capacity planning system.

Of course, it is not simple, but for the users the handling had to be simple.

So my idea is to create a large Screen, where i have on the left pane the weekly calendar (each day with 20 entries - 1/2 hour step) and on the right pane i have my resources, resource groups or my orders / tasks, which i have to plan.

The user should have the possibility to drag & drop the entries within the day or shift it into the next week and be able to insert a task with a click(that should not be a problem).

If i would solve this with a external site (html+javascript) how can i attach to functions within Aware.

For example, if i would have not enough capcity for an order or an resource, the system should tell me online an (error)message.

Could you give me a suggestion how to handle this?

Best regards

Peter
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We will consider to add this as an automatic feature for the next Aware IM release.

At the moment you have to learn how to perform drag and drop in EXT - you have to drag a selected row from the EXT grid and drop it on the calendar. When the entry is dropped you have to extract the id of the underlying business object represented by the grid entry and make an AJAX call to Aware IM to create an appointment object for the given date.
Aware IM Support Team