Process Failure Rules

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Post by tford »

If you are trying to log checklist exam points in your checklist process, I'm not sure why you need to even involve REPORT ERROR action and process failure rules. Couldn't you use a conditional CREATE action to a BO like ChecklistLog?

Tom
ci_loi

Post by ci_loi »

Another issue with having the REPORT ERROR exception thrown from the object is that the ROLLBACK doesn't occur for things modified before the error.

I am involving the report error because my checklist is for an automated process. I rely on having the ROLLBACK feature of the REPORT ERROR to eliminate changes that may have been made in the processes.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

REPORT ERROR MUST rollback all changes UNLESS there were actions that involved user interaction. Consider this:

MObject.MyAttribute = MyValue
REPORT ERROR 'Error'

In this case change to the object attribute will be rolled back

MObject.MyAttribute = MyValue
EDIT MyObject
MObject.MyAttribute2 = MyValue2
REPORT ERROR 'Error'

In this case MyAttribute will NOT be rolled back because there is an action involving the user interaction that follows (EDIT). However, MyAttribute2 WILL be rolled back because there is no action that involves user interaction.

In other words, any action that involves user interaction, such as EDIT, ENTER NEW, PICK FROM etc causes the current transaction to be committed, no matter if there is an error afterwards.
Aware IM Support Team
ci_loi

Post by ci_loi »

Ok. So is there a sample BSV where I can see an example of a failure rule that is attached to a process?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We have discovered a bug in failure rules after Tom kindly presented a BSV that demonstrates the bug. The bug will be fixed in the next build (due out this week)
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The "Internal error" problem has been fixed in version 4.1
Aware IM Support Team
ci_loi

Post by ci_loi »

Thank you very much for the support.