Aware IM Capability Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tazzmaxx

Aware IM Capability Question

Post by tazzmaxx »

Is it possible with Aware to have entry fields and/or list of values via a dropdown or picklist be controlled by the type of data entry necessary for a particular record?

An example would be in a document collection application. A super-user determined what types of documents are to be collected and propagates the documents out to the particular BOs that require these documents to be collected. The attributes related to the document could be different depending on the location (some might require a date while others might require a drop-down selection with variable list of value contents).

Data entry would look like this:

Location 1 (LOCATION BO)

Document A (DOCUMENT BO)
Received Date (DOCUMENT DATA BO)
Comments

Document B
Drop Down List (Upper, Lower, N/A)
Comments

Document C
Received Date
Approved Date
Approved By (Text Field)

Location 2

Document A
Received Date
Approval Date
Comments

Document B
Drop Down List (Physical, Electronic, N/A)
Received Date
Comments

Document C
Received Date/Time
Approved Date
Approved By (Text Field)

In this example, the 2 locations are enterering data for the same 3 documents but the data for the requirements for the collection information at each location is different.

I have figured out how to assign the documents to the different locations based on super-user selections but have not determined if it is possible to change the data types for the documents per location. Is this too complex within Aware? I am also trying to figure out how to assign recurring documents to locations (if they need to collect the same document multiple times and the attribute data will be different each time). I might have 200 locations and it would be a lot of work to have the location create the document every week, month...etc. It would also be good for the locations to see the list of upcoming documents to be collected in the future.

Am I out of luck in Aware? I have looked through the documentation and at the example apps and I don't see a way to create different entry attributes or recurring items.

Thanks for your thoughts on the subject!
tford

Post by tford »

Tazz,
Is this too complex within Aware?
Nothing you have described here seems too complex for Aware

...the 2 locations are entering data for the same 3 documents but the data for the requirements for the collection information at each location is different.
It sounds like you might want to have a number of different forms that collect different parts of the info for the BO. In your example, the form used by Location 1 to collect info on Document A would be different than the form used by Location 2.

Tom
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

It sounds like you might want to have a number of different forms that collect different parts of the info for the BO. In your example, the form used by Location 1 to collect info on Document A would be different than the form used by Location 2.
Yes. The trick is that there are over 75 different documents and 200 locations. There is also the potential for custom documents that could have multiple dates, drop-downs and text attributes.

I have it currently where the documents are stored in a separate BO that describes the document. Then the super-user can select the different locations and assign the applicable documents to the locations. After this is complete if you view a particular location you will see the documents that need to be collected. Then the tricky part is getting the document collection attributes to change based on the needs of the location. I guess that I could make this a part of the process when the super user makes the assignments that they also determine the attributes that will be required for the document. If I offer the different choices at that time they could pick the appropriate one. I would like to have it more granular so that the super user can pick the document and generate the attributes that need to be entered when the document is collected. Is this possible?

How about managing recurring documents?

Thanks Tom
tford

Post by tford »

Tazz,

If there are particular roles that need to be performed & particular groups of attributes associated with those roles, I would use pre-defined forms, then use flag to determine which form is to be used on a document for that location.

If the attributes are truly fluid (no set combinations of them can be determined ahead of time for a given form), it seems like you will need to have a series of flags for each document/location instance. For example, the super user when assigning Doc A to Location 1, they would be presented with a series of flags & you would then use dynamic rules to determine if each one shows on a form.

How many pieces of info do you need to collect for a document? Have you looked at any BO Group applicability? Are the attributes truly fluid, or is it the assignment of roles (which location is going to gather a particular set of attributes) that is fluid?
Do you have specific questions here?

Tom
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

How many pieces of info do you need to collect for a document? Have you looked at any BO Group applicability? Are the attributes truly fluid, or is it the assignment of roles (which location is going to gather a particular set of attributes) that is fluid?
You bring up a good question. I might be able to use BO groups to accomplish some of this. I will take a shot this afternoon.
Quote:

Do you have specific questions here?
Yes. I have a document "Approval Document" that must be signed according to a schedule. The schedule could be once a week or it could be every 2 weeks for some locations. I would like to have it so that I can have the super user assign the document to a location and also assign a collection schedule (While I have sited some rather easy collection schedules it is possible that they might want a document to be collected on the first Monday of every quarter...etc). That way a location would have the document assigned multiple times according to the collection schedule. The attributes would need to be filled in completely for each collection date:

Document A

Collection Date1
Atttribute 1
Atttribute 2
Atttribute 3
Collection Date2
Atttribute 1
Atttribute 2
Atttribute 3
Collection Date3
Atttribute 1
Atttribute 2
Atttribute 3
Collection Date4
Atttribute 1
Atttribute 2
Atttribute 3
etc...

The dates for collection would be based on the recurring schedule. I am stuck on how to implement this.

Thanks for your help and guidance.
tford

Post by tford »

Tazz,

There is no specific recurring item function, but you can write a process that creates specific review records based on an attribute selected by the super user. You could even place a process on a schedule that does scheduled evaluation of certain attributes & creates review records.

Tom