Blank entry in look up

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Blank entry in look up

Post by denisv »

I have an attribute with a list of choices. I want the deafult to be blank and if a choice is selected by mistake that the user can blank the entry.

To get around the issue, I have added an entry in th choice of say 4 spaces and added this as the default.

This works fine on my Derby and SQL databases for testing, but when I place on the client system the 'blank' choice (or spaces choice) is not available in the list.

As it is just a character value in the choices, why would this not transfer over in the new BSV ?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Isn't it a default functionality anyway? Aware IM should put the default blank entry in automatically.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There should be no difference whatsoever between your local and client's system. Are you sure they are different?
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Hi,

I agree that there should be no difference but I can confirm there is. I removed the 'blank' choice and entered a new choice of N/R to get around the issue and while it is clearly in my system it is not in the client one. Other changes applied at the same time however are in the client system.

Very strange. Is there access to a database table that stores this information ?

DV
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Is your system and he client's system using the same version of Aware IM?
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Yes we are using the same version and build.