Mouse Movement Stops Query? Can anyone help?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
twhitehurst

Mouse Movement Stops Query? Can anyone help?

Post by twhitehurst »

I have several queries that users will execute from a navigation link or a search form. Once they start the query... any movement of the mouse off of the search button stops the process.

Does anyone else have this issue? How can I stop the problem? Any help would be great!

Todd
tford

Post by tford »

Have never seen this happen. Do you logs tell you anything?

Does this happen on all machines? I wonder if there is something wrong with the mouse??

Tom
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

It is happening on all the machines. We have had the problem for several months. It is strange, as long as the mouse is held over the search button then the process runs; however, the moment you move the mouse away from the search button it stops the process. Some of these processes can take several minutes (10 to 30) to run, so the user is held hostage on the machine until they complete. I don't see anything in the logs but still watching?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Is it version 3.0 or 4.0? What do you mean "the process stops"? What process? How do you know it stops? Is there a record in the log or in the Aware IM Server output that the process stops?
Aware IM Support Team
twhitehurst

Post by twhitehurst »

This was in a version 3 app. I went ahead and upgraded it to version 4 and I don't have the same problem.

What I mean by the process is the user would run a query. For example a query by date range. The would get the form asking for the begin and end dates. Then click on search. The search query will complete if you keep your mouse on the search button, but any movement off of that button would make the search query stop running.

Again, I don't have the problem in Version 4.