Ver 4 / Form Operation "Start Process" or "Cr

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ab042

Ver 4 / Form Operation "Start Process" or "Cr

Post by ab042 »

What happened to the ability to create an operation button to "Start a Process" or "Create a Document" on the Query Results in Version 4.

We have a version 3 app we are converting and have several places we use the Query function and list items.
Then have Operation buttons next to the item to do different things such as RePrint an Invoice, or post a payment etc etc

I can't believe I didn't notice this and I'm sure someone else ask the question but I can't find it on the forums under several different search I'm done.

Is there a list of features removed from version 4 that existing in previous versions?
Any assistance is appreciated.
tford

Post by tford »

abo42,

Was your query started by a process or a menu option?

Tom
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Menu.
Does it change the buttons that can appear on the line of the query if you start it with a process?

The problem I'm having is during developement I can't even create a "Start a process" or "Create a Document" as an option?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

If you are within a context of a process you cannot invoke an operation because an operation will take the user outside of the process. I think this is how it was in v3.0 as well.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I'm note seeing something that should be hitting me in the face or there is a bug in the configuration tool OR in my business space.

Ok, I'm in the Configuration Tool, under QUERIES and I have selected a query and created one to SEARCH customers.
This is a basic query to ask for a company name and display a list of customers.

I want to add a form operation to "Create a document" or "Start a process" and these two options DO NOT APPEAR when I select ADD to the operations.

I guess it should be notied that I'm using the v4.x build 1138 of the Configuration Tool only on a separate machine from the server that I downloaded from the download page.
The server is also running this same build.

I can't figure out how to attach an image so I've forward the screen print to support.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

One possible reason for that is that you do not have any processes or documents defined in your version.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

When I noticed the options that I had used previously missing.
I started a test app to figure it out. And your correct it does not have any processes or documents. Does now and it works!

So stupid on my part, sorry to waist everyones time.

ps: Maybe you should start a section in the manual or create a new forum that we can all post on. "Dummies Guide or Stupid Questions"