Does closing browser terminate a process?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
robv

Does closing browser terminate a process?

Post by robv »

Hello

I need to be 100% sure about the following:

If I am runing a process (say an import) that will take 3 hours. Can I activate the process, and then logout of the session without the import failing.

My situation is as follows: I am logged onto the server via remote desktop and have activated an import process. This process will take 3-5 hours to run. I want to disconnect from the remote session by logging out of the server and thereby terminate my remote session with the server. What happens to my process? AwareIm is running as a windows service and keeps operational.

I would reason that the process should still run, but I must be sure. Thanks.

Thanks
Rob
tford

Post by tford »

Rob,

Your logic makes sense to me.

One way to tell if the process if still running is to log back in & check active processes. I think it's on the Standard menu.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can logout safely. Terminating remote session does not affect any processes in the session.
Aware IM Support Team
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I understand the RDP. What about terminating the browser session. An example, a user starts a process and for whatever reason exits the browser and turns off the work station.

Does a process start in the USERS session or in a SERVER session?
I hope all processes start at a server level because we never know what a user is going to do.
If they start an End Of Month process or something and its not running on the server its a major issue.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The process starts on the server. Even if you close the browser the process will still complete.
Aware IM Support Team