LoggedInUser

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
christopherb

LoggedInUser

Post by christopherb »

A simple process started from a command on the visual perspective for when a user logs in that looks if the system is available, then based on the system user displays the proper message.

Though the following test does not seem to work..

If SystemSettings.SystemAvailable='Yes' AND LoggedInSystemUser=StaffMember Then
DISPLAY MESSAGE 'Hello <<LoggedInStaffMember.FirstName>>, your current year settings are <<LoggedInStaffMember.Year>>'

But if you remove the AND statement is work fine?
Cheers,

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

So if removing AND works, then I would remove one of the two IF conditions at a time to identify which part is causing a problem.

Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

Should it not be "AND LoggedInSystemUser.AccessLevel='StaffMember'"?

If you run this process as an initialization process from a specific visual perspective, why do you need to confirm the access level anyway? It is implied because that is where the process was called from.

Cheers,
Pete
greg

Post by greg »

I would think here StaffMember is a business object and a member of the SystemUser group. Then the second condition checks if the logged in user is a StaffMember. The correct syntax in this case is

Type(LoggedInSystemUser)=StaffMember

otherwise I agree with Pete's general and specific comments
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Thank you i had tried those solutions already with no avail.
running the process once logged in produces the message "process complete" not displaying the correct message. Log file shows: Condition evaluated to false: (StaffMember, ID 12247)=

Have an idea, will let you know the results
Cheers,

Christopher