create a RegularUser using rules

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tkilshaw

create a RegularUser using rules

Post by tkilshaw »

I can create a RegularUser using rules but the Password field's value is never valid. Even if the Password field is left undefined or is set to the empty sting, that makes no difference. When I try toi log into such an account access is refused.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

Currently password cannot be set within the CREATE action. For example, the following will not work for password:

CREATE RegularUser WITH RegularUser.LoginName = 'name', RegularUser.Password = '123'

However, password can be set in a separate assignment action, so the following two-action rule will work:

CREATE RegularUser WITH RegularUser.LoginName = 'name'
RegularUser.Password = '123'
Aware IM Support Team
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

Tried it. Didn't work for me.

My rule:

If NOT(EXISTS RegularUser WHERE (RegularUser.LoginName='so1')) Then
CREATE RegularUser WITH RegularUser.AccessLevel='SystemOperator',RegularUser.LoginName='so1'
RegularUser.Password='so1'

Error
Invalid credentials or access denied. Please try again

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

We tested your rule by running a process in a new empty business space and then were able to login into the business space using credentials 'so1' - 'so1'.

One reason it did not work for you may be that there was already an instance of RegularUser in the system with login name 'so1' so that the rule condition was evaluated to false and the actions were simply not executed. Could you, please, verify this by inspecting the rule execution log to see if the rule actions are executed. If you do find such an instance then delete it and try the test again.
Aware IM Support Team