IE6 Bug grid headers disappear when you mouse over the grid.

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
cchappell

IE6 Bug grid headers disappear when you mouse over the grid.

Post by cchappell »

The column titles (grid headers) completely disappear which makes it difficult to know what data you are looking at.

This appears to be with reference form data (as table) or query results.

It appears to be an IE6/ extjs bug. IE7 works fine.

I started demoing AwareIM for a possible solution I'm wanting to create. I thought I was doing something wrong (configuration wise) when I encounter this problem.

Anyway to get to the point after realizing that it wasn't me making an error somewhere I did a quick search and found a quick fix.

.x-grid3-header-offset {width: auto;}

Paste the line above into the CSS file and the grids no longer disappear. I think you have to restart awareim.

See link below for more info.

http://www.anujgakhar.com/2008/07/17/ex ... rs-in-ie6/

Support will I break any other part of the software by doing that? If not maybe that fix should be integrated into the install so it will just work out of the box?

Anyway I hope this info might help someone else.
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

cchappell,
I can't imagine support would be in available for fixes for old browsers. Though I'm not speaking for support I know they are working on new releases and moving Aware ever-forward. IE7 was released by Microsoft in October 2006 and with the current updates to 7, IE6 is sub-standard too todays internet environment.

With that being noted lets look at the scope of your application. What is your app being used for? Do you have control over the user? i.e. Intranet applications and such.

Cheers,
Cheers,

Christopher
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

Thanks for this solution. IE6 is still used, unfortunately, by some people, so we will include the fix in our next patch. It should not break anything.
himanshu

thanks

Post by himanshu »

Thanks cchapell..for the fix
From,
Himanshu Jain

AwareIM Consultant (since version 4.0)
DB: MYSQL, MSSQL