csv document issue

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

csv document issue

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

In V3 in one of my applications I have had a document that was in a csv format. When the user ran the process that created the document and then displayed the document it would bring up the 'Open or Save' dialog box. The user would then click on 'Open' and and their local computer would open the file up in Microsoft Excel.

In V4, the csv document is created but the DISPLAY DOCUMENT rule then just opens the csv file up inside of the browser.

Is this new functionality within V4 and if so, is there a way to bypass it because I need a way for the user to essentially download the file rather than view it within their browser.

I am wondering if I can force the server to not recognize the csv format as a text file and bring up the open/save dialog box somehow?

Pete
tford

Post by tford »

Support may have a better alternative, but I think you could put these in your process:

1- EXPORT DOCUMENT to your server -- you will have to name it so you can recalled it in #2

2- IMPORT DOCUMENT from the server location you defined in #1

3- The csv file should now be available for the user to click.

I have not tested this in V4, but had done some similar things in V3.

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

PS -- In my application, I stored the Imported document in the RegularUser BO.

Tom
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Thanks Tom,

I will give that a try.

Pete