V4 export & print

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
christopherb

V4 export & print

Post by christopherb »

There may be something i am missing in V4? If you look at the hand images(for reference only) you will see the export and print button. Is there a way to turn them off?

Secondly using the inline table i find it difficult to get the layout correct as the delete button overlaps and shows unused space to the right. Does anyone have any insight with this inline alignment more than trial and error?

Cheers,

Christopher
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Off the top of my head I think the buttons can be turned off in the Presentation dialog for references.

As far as Delete button is concerned - there was a similar post recently. The best thing would be to turn the display of text off and provide the description of the operation. This way Aware IM will show the image only and provide the description as a tooltip
Aware IM Support Team
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

I had looked in that area but didn't see anything? Could i may be missing it?

As per the labels for inline editing i will try that.

Thank you
Cheers,

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

Actually Chris is correct about the buttons. I came across this today also. There is currently no way to suppress the Export and Print buttons in reference items.

The buttons options in reference presentations are:
- Generate 'Add New Item' button
- Generate 'Delete All' button
- Generate 'Filter items' button

Tom
ab042

Post by ab042 »

I haven't looked into this but if it is true, which I'm assuming from the above it is.

This is a major securty issue for us if someone without proper security can export or print a customer list for example.
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Not really. The could only export the items that were visible to them anyway. It doesn't give them access to records that they are not allowed to see.
ab042

Post by ab042 »

pbrad: It has nothing to do with what they can see. If they have the ability to export data it is a major security concern and it will fail an audit.