Error Message: Exception changing business space version

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
robv

Error Message: Exception changing business space version

Post by robv »

Hi

How do I resolve this error when trying to test an application:

Exception changing business space version Aware IM server encountered the following error .Error persisting business space Coul not find stored procedure '#jtds00003'.

Help appreciated.
robv

Post by robv »

BTW, I have tried restarting servers etc completely and have also tried deleting the Hypersonic cache to see whether it will clear itself up.
I have also reimported an exported version of the BSV into a new Major version - all to no avail.
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

Sounds like some database corruption. Can you try testing with "No initial data" option?
robv

Post by robv »

I started with a fresh database (i.e. recreated BASDB BASBDTEST) and it resolved the problem. However, this would not be ideal if it was aproduction database, which fortunately it was not.

Any plans to move the application out of the production database in a future version? From my perspective it mitigates the risk somewhat.

Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not sure what you mean. Testing mode and production mode use completely different databases, so testing should not affect production.
Aware IM Support Team
robv

Post by robv »

Yes, but isn't the application stored in BASDB? So if corruption occurs on BASDB then the application is compromised too.

From my understanding the application is not stored in BASDBTEST, so this is not an issue if this db goes corrupt.

Or am I missing something?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, you are right. This is why we recommend to always have a BSV file representing the application as well as do regular database backups. This is just common sense.
Aware IM Support Team
robv

Post by robv »

That's exactly what I do.

From my perspective then, it would be good if this design be reconsidered for future versions.

Or maybe even open it up for debate - there may be other issues I have not considered - like expensive licensing on the part of Oracle / Microsoft - cause they may require another connection to a new database.
bartthefish

Error persisting business Space

Post by bartthefish »

Exception changing business space version Aware IM server encountered the following error .Error persisting business space Coul not find stored procedure '#jtds00003'.
This problem results when:
The length of an Attribute is changed and Data truncation could occur. For eg: Length of sDescription = 50 and is changed to sDescription=10 for example.

Should you have a published bsv, it warns you that data may be truncated occur and should you publish the modification it will most likely clear all data from the corresponding field in the Live DB, however when you have Data in the Test DB that could be truncated, and you try to test it returns the Above mentioned Error. Hence when you drop all initial data it will resolve the problem

Hope this helps all who may come across this error.