Html Email

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ghilton

Html Email

Post by ghilton »

I have a notification called Mailshot and a Document called emailshot which is an imported HTML document.

When I send this email out no picture is displayed within the email. You can see a box with a red cross in the top left hand corner where the jpeg should be and the text is seen.

If I view the document through the control panel you can see the image?
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Is the image static for every email?
Cheers,

Christopher
ghilton

Email

Post by ghilton »

Yep
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

ghilton,
For HTML email your best bet is to store the static image(s) on a server calling them from the email HTML in a absolute path. Mostly used email clients will remove embedded HTML images by default allowing the user to view image(s) from any email only if desired. For example we store all email images within a image directory on our webserver. Then we can call any image from any email and not raise the red flag.

Furthermore depending on the list you're sending to most providers, Comcast, sbc and others will watch port 25 for inbound/outbound loads and temporarily block large requests. So, if you can, check your email server for using and alternate SMTP port
Cheers,

Christopher
ghilton

email

Post by ghilton »

Tried that but still the document is not downloading!
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

You mentioned document? You are referring an email just to clear? Send me an email from your application - [email protected]
Cheers,

Christopher
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

In 'Documents Templates and Reports' I have a HTML Doc imported from a HTML page. Similiar to the one in the Library sample app, but mine does not work!
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

g,
Received your email so first things first.... there's no image located in your absolute path in the HTML. You need to verify the IMG tag is correct.

Your server is:
Windows Server 2003 Microsoft-IIS/6.0 89.206.158.65

So you shouldn't have any issues with being case sensitive as with PHP and others. Once you verify the IMG tag you can send me the email again. But send it from the application, not at as a forwarded email.

good luck
Cheers,

Christopher
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

Hi

As far as I am aware the tag is set and correct? I have used Dreamweaver to conpile the HTML page and the tag / source is set to the location on the web server?
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

I am doing something wrong here I cannot see? The tag has been set but on testing still no picture!

So let me recap in dreamweaver I have a HTML document and an image linked to a jpeg on our hosted web server. Using the AwareIM app i send the email but not picture is seen or downloaded?

I have imported this HTML called Mailshot into Aware IM Documents as HTML.

This has been a bad week so far, roll on Friday!
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

g,
If you cut and paste your HTML path to the image in your browser does the image show up?
Cheers,

Christopher
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

nope?
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

sorry mistyped it..... yes it does
ghilton

Post by ghilton »

now it seems to be working? I have not whanged anything though..........