Rule in Process just hangs

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
robv

Rule in Process just hangs

Post by robv »

Hi
I have a problem with a rule in a process that causes the application to hang.

I anticipate it may be difficult to resolve this via the forum, but if there is any glaring problem I will be most apprecaitive.

Here is a description of the process:

1. I have a process that has an object (called eventPropertySubdivision) that is a Process Input.

2. There are 2 rules in the process that fire depending on the answer a user gives to a question.

Problem
If the user answers Yes the rule fired works fine.
If the user answers No the rule fired causes the application to "hang".

Yes Rule Code: (i.e. it works)

If
EventPropertySubdivision.uPropertySubdivisionType='ERF'
AND Question.Reply='Yes'
Then
ENTER NEW
PropertyMultipleCreation
WITH
PropertyMultipleCreation.refPropertySubdivision = EventPropertySubdivision,
PropertyMultipleCreation.refLocalityDivision = EventPropertySubdivision.refOriginatingProperty.refLocalityDivision,
PropertyMultipleCreation.refOwners = EventPropertySubdivision.refOriginatingProperty.refOwners
USING
CreateMultipleCreationForAnErfSubdivision

No Rule Code: (i.e. it hangs)

If
EventPropertySubdivision.uPropertySubdivisionType = 'ERF'
AND Question.Reply = 'No'
Then
FIND tPropertyType WHERE tPropertyType.sPropertyTypeDescr = 'ERF' TAKE BEST 1
FIND tPropertyStatus WHERE tPropertyStatus.sPropertyStatusDescr = 'Proposed' TAKE BEST 1
ENTER NEW
EventPropertyCreation
WITH
EventPropertyCreation.refPropertyType = tPropertyType,
EventPropertyCreation.refPropertyStatus = tPropertyStatus,
EventPropertyCreation.refAdministration = EventPropertySubdivision.refOriginatingProperty.refAdministration,
EventPropertyCreation.sParcelNumber = EventPropertySubdivision.refOriginatingProperty.sParcelNumber,
EventPropertyCreation.refLocalityDivision = EventPropertySubdivision.refOriginatingProperty.refLocalityDivision,
EventPropertyCreation.refOwners = EventPropertySubdivision.refOriginatingProperty.refOwners
USING
CreateRPForSub
INSERT EventPropertyCreation.refProperty IN EventPropertySubdivision.refResultingProperties
INSERT EventPropertyCreation.refProperty IN EventPropertySubdivision.refProperty

Any help welcomed.
Thanks in advance.
tford

Post by tford »

What clues do the logs provide?

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

What experimentation have you done to see what is causing the issue with the process that hangs?

Have you tried removing the two INSERT lines to see if it works "properly" without them?

Tom
robv

Post by robv »

1. The log also seems to hang. The log indicates that the process has started and then it too does nothing.

2. I have stripped out all the various parts to the rule (as you suggested, and no luck there too.)

Thanks
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Robv,
Have you tried removing th FIND statement from the process? If so did that happen to change anything....
Cheers,

Christopher