Horizontal scrolling issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pbrad

Horizontal scrolling issues

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I feel like the constant bearer of bad news lately but I have run into another problem.

If you define the width of a query or a form and that width is greater than the users browser width, the browser does not automatically provide a horizontal scrolling bar, it just cuts the query off, making the query unusable.

This has always worked in the past and still works if you log in using .do urls. I really need this to work or I am stuck.

Cheers,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We'll investigate this.
Aware IM Support Team
[email protected]

Ditto

Post by [email protected] »

I too have seen the same issue.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We fixed it and the fix will be in the next build. In the meantime you can fix it in your systems.

Open the file aware_app.js located in the AwareIM/Tomcat/webapps/AwareIM/aware_ext directory and go to line 316. You will find this code:

p = new Ext.Panel ({
autoHeight: true,
border: false,
items: [component]
});

replace it with this code:
p = new Ext.Panel ({
autoHeight: true,
border: false,
autoScroll: true,
items: [component]
});

Then refresh your browser to pick up the changes.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Sounds great, however I can't test it because now with version 1135 all query returns seem to be void of any data? (see http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2592)

Will this js fix apply to both forms and queries?

Cheers,
Pete
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

As mentioned in the other thread, the fault was mine with respect to the empty queries.

I have tested this script addition out and the horizontal scrolling works now, thanks very much!

However, on a quick test, the vertical scrolling bar seems to be visible and scrollable also, no matter what height you set the form or query to. I will keep playing with it but you might want to see if you get the same results.

Cheers,
Pete
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I have done a little more testing with this and it is not a huge issue but it seems to force a vertical scroll bar whenever it needs to show a horizontal scroll bar.

You can see what I mean here: Image . In this example I only have two records in the query results and have set the query width to 2500 and the query height to 600 which is way more than I need to show the two records but it still shows a vertical scroll bar which allows you to needlessly scroll down approx 20px.

Note, this screencap also shows an example of the operation column at the far right being truncated so that you can't read the operation text and there is no way to set this column width. I have reported this glitch in another thread.

Cheers,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The fix has been incorporated in build 1136. The vertical scroll bar is still there.
Aware IM Support Team