Column Headings and Row Data not Aligning

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Column Headings and Row Data not Aligning

Post by ACDC »

I have a problem with the grid view listing resulting from a query or a reference table view on a form. The data in the rows does not match the column headings.

If the data length does not match the column label width, then it spills over into the next column (at least that what it looks like)

So if there is a lengthy description field in the row, the column width changes dynamically according to the length of the data field, moving the next attribute over so it does not align under the column heading

I am sure I have overlooked something here (but maybe not, as the CRM sample has the same problem).

Surely there must be a way of fixing the column width for the data presentation. I imagined that the feature in the reference layout, display method, column name and width would have taken care of that, but obviously not
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Have you tried to fix the width of the long column by explictly specifying it in the Configuration Tool?
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

I have tried to do this in the config tool and all that it does is set the label width and not the column width.

I don't see any other posts in the forum about this which surprises me, but
when testing your online CRM example the same problem exists.If you drag or close up one of the columns over the other, the data appears to merge with the other column, which clearly is a problem

This test should behave in the same way as it does when you do it on the online Ext_ examples

Maybe the system should default fixed max column widths to the attribute size and then provide an override setting to manually adjust width if needed.This would guarantee that data and column labels are always lined up correctly without the developer having to take care of it
[email protected]

IE vs Firefox

Post by [email protected] »

Does it seem to be a problem specific to browser? For example, I have a query that when displayed in Firefox data spills over into the other columns where as with IE it doesn't have the same issue.
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

Can you give the exact steps to follow to show the problem in the online CRM example? I am interested in seeing what is happening also.

Tom
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

This seems to be a Firefox issue as i tried it with IE and it works as it should

However if you try the same test using FF on the EXT website, it works as it should. So it looks like there is a fix for this which has not followed through into the Aware system, or there is a setting i cant find or get to work

Tom, heres how you can verify the problem

Using FF ver 3.03 go to the online CRM example at AwareIM.com, login as staff and take note of the Current Alerts grid - note the row data width versus column width. If you insert some data into one of the rows using the inline edting feature it adds to the problem of data bleeding into the next column.

Now, if you do the same in this http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/gr ... -grid.html with FF it behaves as it should
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This has been fixed in build 1136
Aware IM Support Team