V4 Data change not saving

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
christopherb

V4 Data change not saving

Post by christopherb »

Saving changes on a form not saving. Take a look at the pictures should explain the trouble....

First original data displayed

Second you can see the new selection is being saved

Third upon the page refreshing the data has not been changed

Cheers,

Christopher
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Christopher,

I discovered this same problem yesterday. I haven't had a chance to post a thread on the forum about it yet so I will kill two birds with one stone here.

If your situation was the same as mine you will find that the data updates if you login using V3 urls but not if you login using V4 urls.

I don't have a solution but I do have a workaround which might work for you depending on how many different tabs you have references on. For some wierd reason, everything works properly if you move the problem tab to the last position. In your case, move the graphics tab to the last slot after the last Production tab (Looks like you need to define the caption fields on those tabs). Don't even ask how many hours I spent troubleshooting this to discover this workaround.

Vladimir, hopefully this will provide you with a clue as to what is causing the problem.

cheers,
Pete
tford

Post by tford »

I might have stumbled into the same problem this afternoon & think I know what is causing it.

Does the attribute you are trying to change also appear on other Form Sections / Tabs?

If so, the instance that is on the last tab will be the one that will change.

Tom
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Tom,
Yes, it does "broadcast" over all the tabs for the user. Each tab(at least in V3) is specific to an add being produced so there would be no need for a user to switch tabs to update status.
Cheers,

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

Chris,

In your example, does 1 of the 4 other Production tabs also show the Ad Status attribute?

Tom
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Yes, what do you think you found?
Cheers,

Christopher
tford

Post by tford »

It appears that if an attribute appears on multiple form sections, the value that is in the right-most tab when the save button is click will be the value that is saved.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Yes, I confirm what Tom said - if you have several attributes with the same name, the attribute at the righmost tab will be saved.

You should refrain from putting the attributes with the same name on the form unless all but one are read-only. This does not apply to references.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

You should refrain from putting the attributes with the same name on the form unless all but one are read-only
How do you make all but one read-only?

Tom
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

Man I can hear the ladies in my graphics department whinning already :)

So I am wondering what causes this in V4 but not V3 ?

Chrirs
Cheers,

Christopher
christopherb

Post by christopherb »

In closing it's actually good because that layout was from V3 and I was going to redesign their interface anyhow -

Thank guys....
Cheers,

Christopher
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

One way to make all but one read-only is to include the read-only attributes as HTML cells displaying tags <<MyObject.MyAttribute>>
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Thanks. I keep forgetting about that.

Tom