Email Logging

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ghilton

Create

Post by ghilton »

So how do you use the create command to log the email?
tford

Post by tford »

Graham,

It would be really helpful if your questions were more specific and demonstrate that you've looked at the Library app & have a specific question about it.

If you right click on the OutgoingEmail BO in the Library app and click on 'Find references to' , you will see a list of places that OutgoingEmail BO is used.

Click on 'Reminder email' and you will see a rule that Creates an instance of OutgoingEmail (which is the log of emails in the Library app).

Like mentioned earlier, the this rule in the Library app is on for a single email at a time, so the rule is on a BO like Loan, etc.

In your case where you want to create a log for a mass email, the rule with CREATE will be in a Process rule, not a BO rule.

Tom
ghilton

Logging

Post by ghilton »

OK So as a test when a staffmember enters a new contact this process is triggered -

If Contacts IS NEW Then Find StaffMember WHERE StaffMember.InUse='Yes'

SEND NewContactEmail TO StaffMember

Create OutgoingEmail With
OutgoingEmail.Subject=NewContactEmail.Subject,
OutgoingEmail.State='Sent'

So this as you said was quite easy to do.

If I want to put in there who created the new record how can I do that?
tford

Post by tford »

The answer depends on the attributes of OutgoingEmail and the relationship of StaffMember to OutgoingEmail. If OutgoingEmail is Owned by StaffMember similar to Library app and there is a reference attribute OutgoingEmail.StaffMember:

Create OutgoingEmail With
OutgoingEmail.Subject=NewContactEmail.Subject,
OutgoingEmail.State='Sent' ,OutgoingEmail.StaffMember=StaffMember

By the way, your use of: Then Find StaffMember WHERE StaffMember.InUse='Yes'
looks like you are trying to use this to tell the application to do this with the StaffMember that is currently using the system. Is that correct?

Tom
ghilton

Logging

Post by ghilton »

Cool food for thought did not think of it that way!

The use of the Find Staff Member is a way of saying who am I sending the email to. In staffmember I have an attribute of InUse if this is true then the email is sent to those members of staff only. ie if I have 6 staffmembers but I only want a couple of members to be sent the new notification then I make two of them InUse = true and the others false.

Hope that was not to confusing! :lol: