More Email Questions - Reference Objects

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

More Email Questions - Reference Objects

Post by [email protected] »

If I want to generate an email and want to include details from a header and a detail object within the email, is that doable?

For example, I have 2 objects:

Project
ProjectTask

On the change of the attribute ProjectTask.Status, I want to send an email with:

Project.Name
ProjectTasks.Status

When I do it with my current test, I get the value null for Project.Name within my test email. I am doing the sendemail from within a rule on the form. The rule looks like this:

If ProjectTask.Status WAS CHANGED Then
SystemSettings.EmailAddress=SystemSettings.EmailAddressITManager
SEND nEmailProjectStatusUpdate TO SystemSettings
tford

Post by tford »

Rob,

You will need to shortcut the Project attribute info into ProjectTask. Then it will be available to send from ProjectTask.

Tom
[email protected]

Perfect

That worked.

Thanks
[email protected]

Add Project Task

Ok. I was able to get it to work with one exception. When the email goes out for a ProjectTask that is added, I don't get the data from those attributes that are reference attributes.

If I have an existing ProjectTask and I change it, the information in the reference attributes is present within the email.

This seems like a bit of a timing issue. Not sure how to get around it.
tford

Post by tford »

Rob,

Sorry I don't understand your question / issue.

Reference attributes can not be show directly in an email, but shortcuts to them can be shown.

Tom
[email protected]

I meant shortcuts

I meant shortcuts. The shortcuts do not show the data when I am creating the record. I have 2 objects. Project & ProjectTask. I have an existing Project. I then add a ProjectTask. The rule then sends the email because the ProjectTask.Status changed. In the email I reference shortcuts Project.ProjectName. The email doesn't show the value for Project.ProjectName, but it does show the value of the newly updated ProjectTask.Status.

If I go back into that same ProjectTask and edit the status, then the rule sends the email and the Project.ProjectName appears in the email as expected.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Do you reference shortcuts using tags? If so, could you try using proper references rather than shortcuts (you don't really need shortcuts in tags) and check if it makes any difference?
Aware IM Support Team