conditional list remove

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tkilshaw

conditional list remove

Post by tkilshaw »

Object Account has attribute Contacts, a one to many peer relation. Object Contact has matching attribute Accounts.

Account MainContact is a one to one reference to a Contact. It has no matching attribute in Contact.

When a Main Contact is added to Account.MainContact it is also inserted into Account.Contacts.

On the Account's form there is a separate form section that displays the list of Contacts. When a user trys to remove a Contact from that list, if the Contact they are trying to revove is actually the Account's MainContact I want to tell the user that they can't do that. But if the Contact they are trying to remove from the Account's contact list is not the Account's main contact, I just want to remove it from that list.

This should be easy to do, I think, but I have not been able to do it.

I can unconditionally remove the Contact from the list, but I can't do it conditionally, and I have tried all sorts of things.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

You can add the following rule to Account:

If Contact WAS REMOVED FROM Account.Contacts AND RemovedContact = Account.MainContact Then
REPORT ERROR 'Main contact for the account cannot be removed from contact list.'
Aware IM Support Team
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

Your suggestion worked. Thanks.

And I thought I was beginning to understand this mechanism but the following rule does not work:

If Contact WAS REMOVED FROM Account.MainContact Then
Remove RemovedContact FROM Account.Contacts

And I don't understand why.

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is a bug that will be fixed in the next build.
Aware IM Support Team
tkilshaw

Post by tkilshaw »

Hopefully that will make it into the next beta too, as I'm now developing in the beta.

Let me know when I can get it. Thanks,

Terry
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is fixed starting from build 777.

(everything that goes into the main version goes into beta as well).
Aware IM Support Team