Session Timeout

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Session Timeout

Post by [email protected] »

I have noticied that if I have 1 Business Space running and then run a different one on the same pc and logout of one of them, I get a Session Timeout on the other one.

Because my users might have access to 2 business spaces with different credentials, it is important the the one session not trash the other session.

Has anyone seen this before?
[email protected]

Notify

I just changed my setting so that I would get notified when someone replies.
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

Are you accessing the two business spaces from the same browser on the same machine? If so, you can't do this - you can only access one application at a time on the same machine. This is a common problem for web applications that use cookies to distinguish between sessions (this is not even Aware IM-specific)
greg

Post by greg »

Then one should be able to access two business spaces by running two browsers IE and firefox, for example
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Two browsers should work in theory
Aware IM Support Team
[email protected]

Tested

Right now I am launching the other business space via a menu within a business space. I have "Open in a new window" selected.

I have confirmed that if run 2 business spaces in to different IE sessions and logout of one, the second business space stays operational.
ab042

Post by ab042 »

Support is it possible for you to assign different browser ID's to different Business Spaces?

I would like to be able to run TWO different AwareIM apps in the same browser using different user names etc. One app not effecting the other?

I understand that the SAME app on the same machine same browser is a problem. But is it possible for you to use different cookies or session ID's for different Business Spaces so we can do this within the same browser?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No, this is not possible. We are not handling cookies ourselves - this is built into the web server engine and we cannot control this.
Aware IM Support Team