ERROR: com.bas.connectionserver.server.g

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
MartinPluss

ERROR: com.bas.connectionserver.server.g

Post by MartinPluss »

I am trying to run a process from an Object rule.

My Object is called Person. It has an attribute called MainAddressCount which is a number.
The following is a Rule attached to the Person Object:

Code: Select all

IF Person.MainAddressCount = 0 THEN PickMainAddress
I then have a Process called PickMainAddress, it has an action as follows:

PICK FROM Address WHERE(Address.Person = Person AND Address.IsActive ='Yes')
Address.IsMain='Yes'
When I run the Process Manually (and choose a Person to run it against) It works as expected and I can pick an address and that address has IsMain set to 'Yes'.

If I edit the displayed address values within the Addresses section of my Person form so that there are no addresses with an IsMain Value of 'Yes' a rule runs that enumerates the addresses for the person that have IsMain set to Yes and so sets the Person.MainAddressCount to 0, then I assume the PickMainAddress process is called and then I get a pop up error titled 'Windows Internet Explorer' with a message of 'com.bas.connectionserver.server.g'.

Anybody know what is going wrong here?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Please attach the output of the Aware IM Server and Tomcat
Aware IM Support Team
MartinPluss

Log Files

Post by MartinPluss »

Will do support, which files do I need to post from?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You need to click on the View button located next to the Aware IM Server and Tomcat entries in the Aware IM Control Panel. The window with the respective output will pop up. Copy and paste the contents of this window and send to [email protected]
Aware IM Support Team
MartinPluss

Server Logs

Post by MartinPluss »

Tomcat:

Got XML request <root><post_object_data_action object_name='Address' object_id='1173' ref_owner_name='Person' ref_attr_name='Addresses' ref_owner_id='1163' query_on_name='Address' form_name='Main' section_name='Addresses'> 
<post_attribute_data attribute_name="IsMain" >No</post_attribute_data> 
</post_object_data_action> 
</root>
Exception thrown com.bas.connectionserver.server.g null
com.bas.connectionserver.server.g
	at com.bas.connectionserver.server.ConnectionFactory.sendMessage(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.common.WebAppUtils.sendMessageToExecutionEngine(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.b.o.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.b.o.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.b.b.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.thin.a.c.a(Unknown Source)
	at com.bas.webapp.thin.servlets.WebInterfaceServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
AwareIM:

INFO: OutputAdaptor1.Controller has commited 2500 transactions
INFO: InputAdaptor1.Controller has commited 2500 transactions
INFO: Timer_NOTIF_0.Controller has commited 14400 transactions
INFO: TS has made 14400 polls
INFO: InputAdaptor3.Controller has commited 14400 transactions
2008-09-18 10:34:13,963 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 10:39:13,949 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 10:44:13,936 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 10:49:13,922 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 10:54:13,909 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 10:54:34,533  -35 Process PickMainAddress has timed out

2008-09-18 10:59:13,895 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 11:04:13,882 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 11:09:13,869 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 11:14:13,855 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 11:19:13,842 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket

2008-09-18 11:24:13,828 ERROR  -Unable to connect to remote host exch02.isg.localEOF on socket
aware_admin
Site Admin

Post by aware_admin »

You have lost connection to the server and need to restart Aware IM (could be due to network problems or something else)
MartinPluss

Post by MartinPluss »

Hi Exch02.isg.local is a mail server. Its not set up yet for pop3/smtp access from awareim. This shouldn't affect the working of the awareim app should it?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

No it shouldn't - this is not the problem. Like I said - you seem to have lost connection to the Aware IM Server and you need to restart Aware IM
Aware IM Support Team
MartinPluss

Post by MartinPluss »

OK, I restarted AWAREIM (in the control panel) - same fault. I rebooted the W2K3 server and restarted AWAREIM - same fault. I then installed the trial on an XPP box imported the BSV from my test W2k3 box and put it into test mode here. Same fault.

Are there limitations to business spaces running in test mode that might be affecting this? Any other ideas?

Thanks,
M
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

This is extremely strange. Could you please send your BSV to [email protected] and let us know how you reproduce the problem.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

Support,

Martin email me his bsv. I initially got the error he posted. I then copied all BOs, queries, processes and VPs into a new bsv and everything worked fine.

Tom
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks, Tom. We investigated this as well. There is a bug in version 4.0 that we will fix shortly - it does not allow you to start a process from rules attached to a business object.

BUT it is NOT a good idea to do this - while version 3.0 allows this and version 4.0 has a temporary bug in this area, you should AVOID running a process from within the rules attached to an object. This goes against the guidelines of Aware IM configuration.

In this particular case if you need a process then this process should control the creation of the object and the user should NOT be allowed to create an object other than going through the process.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Further to my previous reply - this only applies to processes that invoke user interface operations. Processes that do not require interactions with the user can be called from rules of an object.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

What about DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE?
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

All actions that have any effect on the UI (including DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE) should not be called from object rules - only from a process
Aware IM Support Team