Design Question

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tazzmaxx

Design Question

Post by tazzmaxx »

Is it possible to have a BO that only consists of one record?

My question is related to the following design:

BOs
Company (Single BO - Only one will exist in the application)
Accounts (multiple accounts owned by Company)

I would like to be able to click on Company from the menu and only have the 1 record display in a form. I can see how I would be able to select the company from a list but it is really silly to do that when there should be only one company record in the database.

I would also like to control users from adding additional Company BOs. There should only be one (kind of like the System Settings BO). I have been able to add multiple system settings records and have created problems by doing so. I would like to be able to control this from the front end of the application.

Does this sound feasible?

Thanks
tford

Post by tford »

Tazz,

If there is only one company in the Business Space, you could just store the name & any other Company info in the SystemSettings BO. You can then set up a SystemSettings form that has just Company realated attributes if you'd like. The handy thing is that SystemSettings is always in context, so for example you can use SystemSettings.Company in any rule.

You could also have a 1 record Company BO like you mentioned also.

Tom
tazzmaxx

Post by tazzmaxx »

Hi Tom,

Interesting approach using the System Settings. I will give that a go tonight.

Thanks