AwareIM 4.0 Start Processes / Forms

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
marc

AwareIM 4.0 Start Processes / Forms

Post by marc »

AwareIM 4.0 Build 1128

I have a solution which was build with Version 3 and the following issues when using with Version 4:

1) If I start an self created Process from the Menu the form will be opened as overlay and not as in the past in the same windows, how can I start a process opening a form in the main window without overlay?

2) In Version 3 I have an search filed in the banner which does a search displaying the result in the main windows, now a popup opens without a result, the code is:
<form class=search_form method="POST" target="main"
action="xxxx.com:8443/go/runQuery.do?actionMethod=displayForm&paramsInRequest=true&name=banner_contract_submember_search&nameMeaning=0">

Could you additional please make a short manual how to port Version 3 Forms to Version 4? In the ReleaseNotes there are only topics and no details what has to be changed to run smooth in Version 4?

Thanks in advance...
<<Marc>>
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

1) Aware IM processes always run in pop-up windows to indicate that it is a special operation that needs to be finished before any other operation can be started - you cannot use menu, for example, when the process is active.

2) The new format of links is provided in the Appendix in the User Guide for version 4.0 You need to change your links to the new format

There is no really any guide to porting forms from version 3.0 to version 4.0. Version 4.0 forms are much more powerful and flexible, but the algorithm of controls layout is different. As a result version 3.0 forms may not look good in version 4.0 unless you do some work with the layout. You just need to look at the forms and use common sense - most problems occur because there is not enough room in version 4 for the controls ported from version 3.0. So just increase the space allocated to a control or shuffle the controls around untill the form looks good. And it will eventually look a lot better if you use version 4.0 capabilities properly!
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

As a down and dirty solution in case you have a large quantity of forms to convert like I do is to open up each form and then open up each attribute on the form sequentially and save it. This activates the setting for each attribute on the form to place the label above the fields rather than beside them. Then preview the form to see if the form looks alright. Most of the time it will be, but if some of the fields are still being cut off, force the width of the form to a larger number and generally that is all that I need to do to make the form look ok. You can always spend more time later on grouping fields and making the forms more functional using the new layout features but as a bare minimum, this will get you going most of the time.

Cheers,
Pete
marc

Post by marc »

Thanks Pete, I think this will be the best way...

But there is still the problem with the banner search, I get always the error message Query xxxx using single parameter not found but there is a query named banner_contract_search, the code is:

<input style="background:#A0A0A0; padding:0px; margin:0px; color:#FFFFFF; font-family: Arial; font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; border:1px solid #000000" type="button" onclick="var params = {}; params ['Parameter'] = document.getElementById ('mainmeberName').value; AwareApp.runQueryWithParams('banner_contract_search using single parameter', params, 'main'); return false;" value="Find" name="B1" title="Click to start search"></p>
<<Marc>>
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi Vladimir,

I seem to be having the same problem. I am trying to access a simple query from an html form in the banner with the syntax:

[<form class=search_form method="POST" target="Main"
action="../iPort/AwareApp.runQuery('Clients','Main')">

and am receiving the error:

type: Status report

description: The requested resource (/iPort/AwareApp.runQuery('Clients','Main')) is not available.

Any idea what we are doing wrong?

Thanks,
Pete
marc

Post by marc »

I have another problem with the banner, I cannot use the Import HTML page in Visual perspectives / Banner, when I click import and specify a directory with the banner the value keeps empty.
When I use Static Content the included Javascript to show the date/time in the Banner does not show up, I had the same problem with the HTML import in Version 3.0. I have tested the HTML import with an PC & MAC
<<Marc>>
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

OK, there seems to be 3 issues here:

1. runQueryWithParams works - you can check its usage in the CRM application. You need to check the name of the query that you pass to the AwareApp.runQueryWithParams method. This is case-sensitive. In your description you are saying that there is a query called "banner_contract_search". Yet, you pass the name "banner_contract_search using single parameter" as the query name

Please double check

2. Pete, you are talking about version 4.0, are you? If so, then you are not doing it right at all. You need to use JavaScript and call a JavaScript function - see what Marc is doing in 1. Also please see the CRM application. You need to have a button or image and provide onclick handler that calls JavaScript

By the way, there is a better way of doing a search in the banner or in other panels - you can place the proper Aware IM query search form there. See the Ordering application for an example of this.

3. Import of the visual perspective works fine. You are not doing something right. You must have a special directory where you put ALL files for your VP - HTML file, images (if any) etc. Then you specify the name of this DIRECTORY when doing import.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

Thanks, I hadn't really spent any time on it, I was just trying to help Marc out. I will check out the samples and I am sure that I can figure it out.

Thanks again,
Pete
marc

Post by marc »

Thanks, Banner Search with Javascript code works, I am using an iframe...
Also The Search function works perfect now in 4.0
<<Marc>>
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

I am finally getting around to tackling this for myself and I am hitting a brick wall, I must be doing something wrong but I can't see what.

I have a query called 'Client' with Client.ConfirmationNumber = 'Ask at Runtime"

I have a parameter field and submit button in a custom banner:

<input type="text" name="confnum" id="confnum" size="10" title="Enter client confirmation number">

<input type="button" onClick="var params = {}; params ['Parameter'] = document.getElementById ('confnum').value; AwareApp.runQueryWithParams('Client', params, 'main'); return false;" value="Find" name="find" title="Click to start search">

However when I test it, the query consistently returns all records. It is obviously not picking up the 'confnum' parameter and passing it on to the query. Am I doing something wrong? I checked the logs and it doesn't record anything during this process.

Thanks,
Pete
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The key is this line:

params ['Parameter'] = ...

The string 'Parameter' must be the same as the name of the query parameter. To check the name of the query parameter go to the "Rule Language" tab of the query definition in the Configuration Tool. If it is called "Parameter" there then your query should work unless there's a bug. If not, make sure that the name in the query and the name in the HTML are the same.
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Ah, that must be it. I didn't think to look at the rule form but it makes perfect sense now that you hit me over the head with it.

Cheers,
Pete