Constrained Validation Drop Downs / Lists

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Constrained Validation Drop Downs / Lists

Post by denisv »

I have a test app I am working on which needs to have values in drop downs limited by values in another drop down. This may be complicated by one of the drop downs being a business group.

a) Drop down = Category
b) Drop down = Type (Business Object Group)
c) Drop down = Cause

When I select a Category Value, the available values in Type should be limimted. (A value in type might be proper to more than one Category)

When I select Type, this naturally brings me to the New Business Object screen for that typ, data enter and created. Then the Cause drop down needs to be limited by the value in Type. (A value in Cause may be proper to more than one value in Type)

I've seen references to this working when you use different form sectioons. I suspect the relationship between Type and Cause is handle ok this way, but between Category and Type ?

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks

DV
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Currently the contents of a dropdown list of related objects is updated whenever the form is re-displayed. This happens, for example, when the user switches to a different section or selects a related object from a list on a different page. However, making a selection from a drop-down list of related objects does not refresh the current form, meaning that the contents of other (possibly dependent) drop-down lists on the same form section is not updated.

We are going to change this behaviour shortly so that making a selection from a drop-down list of related objects will refresh the form and therefore update the contents of other drop-down lists of related objects. We will post a message to this topic when the updated software is available.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Dynamic refresh of dropdown lists dependent on selection in other dropdown lists was implemented in version 2.0
Aware IM Support Team