Query Error

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
denisv

Query Error

Post by denisv »

Hi,

I am trying to get a query that lists items in a Business Group using a common attribute to all business objects in the group. When I try to create it I get a an 'Invalid Query' titled message but the actul message box is blank.

The query is

FIND CallTypes WHERE CallTypes.CallRecord.Status='Open'

Can anyone advise.

DV
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Is CallRecord attribute in CallTypes multiple? If it is, then the query is invalid because it is unclear which of the referred CallRecords you are checking. if you want to check that there is one among them that has open status, then the query should use EXISTS
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Correct CallRecord attribute in CallTypes is multiple.

I want to have query that I can have on a menu that the user can select to return all CallTypes with that status.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It is not CallTypes that has status - it is CallRecord. So which CallRecords with open status you want to show? All of them? Then the query should be FIND CallRecord WHERE CallRecord.Status = 'Open'

Does it have to do anything with CallTypes? If so, which one?
Aware IM Support Team
denisv

Post by denisv »

Actually I have a mistake in my original request. The CallTypes Business Objects Groups contains approx 20 Business Objects. Each Object has an attribute of CallRecord and Event. There is only one type of Call Record Object, however the Event attribute can be any one of the twenty Call Types Business Objects. There is an attribute of Status on Callrecord but also an attribute of Status on each object in the EVENT attribute.

Therefore I can do a search direct on Call Record for Status however the Event.Status can be in any number of business objects.

I actually need to find all EVENTS where status - Open
tford

Post by tford »

Have you looked at the Library sample app? I think it does some similar things.

Tom
denisv

Post by denisv »

Thanks Tom, it looks like the same. I have tried to apply this but stilll get the blank window error. I'll keep trying, thanks.

DV