Help with creating reports

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Tom Morrison

Help with creating reports

Post by Tom Morrison »

Perhaps this is intuitive to all, but not me.

I have most of my app built (Event Registration System) with the exception of about 6-10 printed reports that are needed for things such as: who has signed up, name tags, who yet owes money, what rooms are folks staying in, etc.

The Document generation capability just seems to be eluding me. Can you offer any suggestions on where to get additional help? I've looked at the User Guide many, many times, but with no success.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Tom,

Report in Aware IM is one of the supported document template types. Basically, you define a query to determine the data to be shown in the report, and the report layout that determines how the data is presented. Here are the resources where you can find details on designing and running reports:

- Document How To: section Reports and Documents
- Document Aware IM User Guide:
section Using Aware IM - Productivity Features - Working With Documents and Reports - Reports
section Working With the Configuration Tool - Working With Report Designer
- Document Library Case Study: section Configuration of the Library Application - Fine-tuning the Application - Documents - Printable statement
- Configuration of the Library sample application, which has a few reports defined under the Documents templates, Reports node in the configuration tree.

Hope these documents and examples help you. Let me know if they don't.
Aware IM Support Team
Tom Morrison

Restore Library Case Study

Post by Tom Morrison »

Is there an easy way to restore the Library Case Study? I had deleted it when I was developing my application, thinking it was unnecessary clutter. Oops!
Tom Morrison

Never mind!

Post by Tom Morrison »

I found the sample in the awareim.app container. Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Most documents are also on our web site in the Documentation section.
Aware IM Support Team