Relationship import of transactional data

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
daleb

Relationship import of transactional data

Post by daleb »

Hi

Could you let me know of an easy way to import transactional data and relate them to the master data.

Thanks Dale
regards Dale
daleb

One other thing

Post by daleb »

Is there a posibility of writing a query or process to make the links automatically by assigning the master data
regards Dale
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Dale, this is hard to understand. The terms "transactional data", "master data" and "relate" can mean many different things. I'm not sure what you are trying to do.
Aware IM Support Team
daleb

Ok sorry i should have been more specific

Post by daleb »

We have Master data such as Customer details, machines associated to that customer and contact details for the customer.

is it posible to create a process or query that will automatically create the relationships between this data for example, automatically associate the machine to the customer and the contact details to the customer.

then we have tranactional data such as service orders with many stock items associated to that, how do i import that data into aware and then associate it to the specific customers!!!

Thanks.
regards Dale
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Aware IM allows you to import related data as CSV files. Please read the User Manual about this.
Aware IM Support Team
jclark58

Post by jclark58 »

I think this question again reinforces the need for a way to dump interrelated data and reload it esp a whole application database when moving from one database engine to another.

I have tried several times to dump and reload tables (BOs)between Test and Operational without success.

Once version 4 is out maybe the next few iterations might be didicated to addressing some of th elong standing wish list / TODO items such as this.
/John