Access Levels

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ACDC

Access Levels

Post by ACDC »

Hi

This is the first time I am trying Access Levels. It seems simple enough to set up, but I am not get the desired result

I have the Access rights to a particular Object set to "Creator Full Access" or "Modify Only" . When logging in as the restricted user, I am able to create an Object but I am unable to view any of the records I have created.

According to the manual, I should be able to view my records in this object in both these instances

Is there something else that needs to be set in the system for Access rights to an Object to function correctly

Thank You
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

The manual says that "Creator: modify only" should only be used for business objects that are members of the SystemUsers group. It sounds like you are trying to use this to control other BOs.

Are you having problems with "Creator: full access".

Tom
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Hi Tom

Yeah, I have RegularUsers as part of the SystemUsers Group.

What puzzles me, something is happening because the user is now unable to see any of their own records in the object.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

BTW , this problem occurs in both instances - Creator - Full Access , and Creator - Modify
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

Can you give me the BO names and the Access levels that you are applying to those BOs?

Tom
tford

Post by tford »

ACDC,

Have you opened up any of the sample apps and looked at how they use the various access levels?

For example, in the Library sample app, there is an access level called Member. In that access level, the Member BO uses 'Creator: modify only'. You will also find 'Creator: modify only' for the RegularUser BO of the Operator access level.

Tom