In Line issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tkilshaw

In Line issues

Post by tkilshaw »

I have object Account with one to one reference MainContact to object Contact.

When I set MainContact to In Line and use the Add a New Line button, after filling in the first name and last name fields and clicking the Create button on the Account form, I get an error that says the value of MainContact must be provided.

This is because the MainContact attribute's Value Must Be Provided checkbox is checked! But I have just provided a value, I think!

Also, on the Account form if I set MainContact to In Line, the user still needs to click on the Add a New Line button to do inline input.

I'd like to be able to create an instance of a Contact and insert it into the MainContact so that when the Account form appears it already has first and last name fields available for input.

I tried to do that when the Account record IS NEW, and when Account.MainContact IS UNDEFINED. Neither worked.

Is this doable?

thanks,

Terry
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

Terry,

> This is because the MainContact attribute's Value Must Be Provided checkbox is checked!
This is the current limitation. Please untick the Value Must Be Provided checkbox for the attribute as a workaround.

> Is this doable?
Not at the moment. The user has to click the button explicitly.
Aware IM Support Team