Query using intelligent objects

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Query using intelligent objects

Post by [email protected] »

I have a object called Employee. This object is an intelligent object pointing to a table in my SQL server. The Employee is related to an Asset Object in that each Asset can have an Employee associated to it. I would like to create a query where the end user can enter into a search dialog the employee's last name to find the asset associated to him or her. I see that you can't reference the intelligent object in the query builder.

Is there a way to import the employee table into a standard object? It would be something that I could schedule to happen daily. This way I can run queries without the limitation.
aware_support2

Post by aware_support2 »

An intelligent object should have no limitations when used in queries. If Asset is a native Aware IM object and has a non-multiple-allowed reference attribute of type Employee, your query in the text mode could look like this:

FIND Asset WHERE Asset.Employee.LastName = ?'Employee last name'

You can create new objects based on existing objects (for example to create native Aware IM objects for external objects) with a two-rule process like this:

FIND OriginalObject WHERE ...
CREATE DerivedObject FOR EACH OriginalObject WITH DerivedObject.Attribute1 = OriginalObject.Attribute1, ...

You can then schedule the process to run at a specified time.
Aware IM Support Team