Email a Form

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
[email protected]

Email a Form

Post by [email protected] »

Is there anyway to send forms via email? For example, I would like to modify a record and when it is saved, the user receive the form that was used to edit the item via an email.

I used a product by Intuit called Quickbase. You could send forms of data without having to create HTML documents for presenting the same information and presentation that was already designed in Awareim.

Second question: If the above is not doable, is there a URL string that can be used to send the user to the exact form and specific record so that they don't have to navigate the system to get to that record. This would be used in say a help desk application. A user creates a ticket and then the system emails the assigned staff a copy of the ticket via a HTML document with the URL embedded so that the ticket can be referenced easily.
tford

Post by tford »

rgates,

I'm pretty sure neither of these is possible at the present time with AwareIM.

You can however create a document that would contain all of the same info on the form & have that document (PDF) attached to an email.

Tom
[email protected]

URL Embedding

Post by [email protected] »

I see that an HTML document email will work. I think the only other question is whether I can embed the url to the object and specific record. I see that there is syntax to having someone open a specific object, but I don't see how you can tell AwareIM to reference a specific record.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "opening a specific object" vs "referencing a specific record". You can open a form of a specific instance of an object from a URL if this is what you mean.

The only problem here is login. If you send an e-mail to someone with an Aware IM enabled link, do you expect him to login first? If not, you need to make sure that the form you want to open is accessible to a "guest user". If you expect him to login first then you need to send a special URL that forces Aware IM to throw up a login screen first and then execute the specified command (I can't remember the URL off the top of my head and I am afraid it is not documented, but if you are interested I can have a look).
Aware IM Support Team
pbrad

Post by pbrad »

Hi,

For my two cents worth, it seems to me that you might have better luck by having the user fill in the required information in their email and then having AwareIM parse the incoming message to suck the contents out of the email for processing. We do this currently for order notifications being sent out from Ebay.

Cheers,
Pete