Results of Search Objects

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Tom Morrison

Results of Search Objects

Post by Tom Morrison »

I'm sure there's a simple way to do this, but I haven't found it yet.

I'd like to be able to specify what attributes to show and the order of the attributes as a result of the default Search Objects menu item. Yes, this is seemingly basic. However, I can't seem to find the documentation that explains how to do this.

Thanks.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Tom,

there are 2 ways you can do this:

1) Define your query in the Configuration Tool. When defining a query in the Configuration Tool you can define attributes that will be shown as well as sorting order - please refer to the "Adding/Editing Queries" section in the User Manual.

Once a query is defined you can define a menu item that will run this query or you can run it from the "Search Objects" menu (select "Run Query" radio button and choose your query from the list)

2) Define your query directly in a browser.
To do this select "New query" radio button in the "Search Objects" form and then follow the screens to define your search conditions (if any), attributes to display, sorting order etc. Please refer to "Configuring Queries and "Running Queries in the Operation Mode" sections in the User Manual.
Aware IM Support Team
Tom Morrison

Thanks!

Post by Tom Morrison »

Thanks, folks. I had already decided to go the route of adding a menu item and running a query with user input. Works great!

Thanks, again, for a quick response.