howto web-services

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
pkesch

howto web-services

Post by pkesch »

Hi,

I am still struggling to build my first WEBService integration to the "outside world".

Is there any kind of documentation how to do this?

I read the howtos, the documentation and the related posts here in the forum but still there are some questions open.

I managed in the meantime to have an intelligent business space and to provide services. But I am still struggling to call WEB Services.

Questions like:

-persistence of the intelligent business object
-do I need attributes (yes, otherwise I can not create a BO) but for what? are they used as input parameters for the call?
-If I create a service manually I am asked for the service input (BO). But why do I need then my attributes???
- when I request a service via rule language do I have to create the intelligent BO before I request the service in order to fill the parameters???

well.... lots of questions. I would be willing to create a howto after I managed to make my calls but I would need some hints.

Best regards,
Peter
pkesch

Post by pkesch »

by the way:

it seems that AWARE IM is using axis 1.x

If your external system has web-services build by axis 2.x you will NOT be able to discover the services because AWARE IM can not parse the wsdl.

support: is there a way to switch (per intelligent BO) between axis 1.x and 2.x

Regards,
Peter
pkesch

Post by pkesch »

Ok,

after I got the services done with axis 1.x on our remote system I can discover them in AWARE IM and AWARE IM automatically generates the BOs which are needed as an input (including the attributes as parameter input for the WEB service).

Still I need to figure out where the return from the WEB Service goes to and why I need attributes for the intelligent BO?
And... do I need it managed by AWARE IM or non persistant....

Regards,
Peter