AwareIM Product ID issues

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
harmonytech

AwareIM Product ID issues

Post by harmonytech »

Hi,

I've been trying to install an existing AwareIM application into a Windows Server and have ben experiencing some issues with getting AwareIM server installed on this Win server.

I have been trying to work with AwareIM support on this one, but after a coulp of weeks of trying, I'm getting a little frustrated that the cause of the issue isn't being addressed, but rather just fixes to the possible problem.

Problems don't just go away unless you find the cause. Here's what's happening;

I moved some MySQL databases from an existing AwareIM install. I logged into the Account page on the AwareIM website, downloading the windows executable.

Once the download finished, I installed it on the new PC and imported the MySQL databases into MySQL. The import went fine.

I drop into the command line in Windows and navigate to the /bin directory. Execute productKey.bat and change the product key to the one currently on the accounts page, found when I log into the account on AwareIM's website.

The productKey is changed successfully and I go to start AwareIM. It stops and tells me that the product ID is invalid.

I have notified AwareIM support. We fixed the issue by doing what I was advised to do; drop the databases in MySQL. Restart AwareIM.

I did that, except now the product ID changes and it works. I shut down AwareIM and I assume all is good so I import the databases back into MySQL. Restart AwareIM and I get the same error. Only, this time the Product ID has changed. and the same error appears, with a different product ID.

I'm just not getting how this software is installed and works. The product key keeps changing every time I do what support tells me. It's a little frustrating.... well, quite frustrating actually.

What am I doing wrong that is making the software behave this way?

Cheers
SteveC
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

We never recommended to import database tables!! Straightforward database backup and restore IS NOT ALLOWED and WILL NOT WORK.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Further to the previous reply - you can back up/restore if you are saving the WORKING PRODUCTION version and restoring it on the same machine. You cannot transfer the database from one machine to the other. If this is what you were doing, this will not work.
Aware IM Support Team
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

SteveC

This is a bit of a confusing post as far as moving a database from one machine to another.

If you are going to install AwareIm on another machine then obviously you need to get a new product key and do a new install. Once this is done and the application up and working the old BASDB and BASDBTEST needs to then be synchronized with the new MYSQL server.

However there are some system tables that you do not synchronize and you probably are going to have to get your versioning right . If you need help PM me and I will try to assist you.... I have battled this one out before

Tony
robv

Post by robv »

This is an interesting post that got me wondering....

I am developing an application for a customer that requires that I build their database as well. In fact I have to do a significant amount of data transformation etc and then bring it into the AwareIM environment. My client is not just down the road - they are in another country, so it is not a simple thing to build the database onsite. So it makes business sense for me to build the database in my office and when I am ready install it at the client.

So how would I do this given the comments above?

Thanks.